Family Safety Network (FSN) is a non-profit, tax exempt organization dedicated to providing confidential advocacy, support and referral services to domestic violence victims and their children. FSN has been actively working with victims/ survivors of domestic violence since February 1993, when a group of concerned citizens saw there was a need for this type of service. We believe that direct advocacy and education is an important key in breaking the cycle of violence.
FSN office is located in Walker, MN. Our geographic location enables us to provide services to all victims throughout Cass County, as well as a portion of the Leech Lake Indian Reservation, with close access to the court house.
The Mission Statement of the Family Safety Network is “To help keep families safe”.
FSN is committed to providing relief to victims of violence by offering:
- confidential personal and legal advocacy,
- confidential support,
- help in filing court documents such as Orders for Protections and Harassment Restraining Orders,
- accompaniment to court hearings and other appointments,
- safety planning,
- women’s weekly support group,
- 24 Hour Crisis Line 800-324-8151
- emergency transportation,
- public presentations for community education,
- and information and referral services.
We believe in the importance of family and are committed to the elimination of all forms of violence, that violence is an expression of power and control which ultimately leads to the complete deterioration of family, and that NO one deserves to be hit or threatened.